ISSUES - LAMUN 2020
Ready, steady, go!
· The question of Kashmir as a threat to regional peace.
· The issue of the surge of new Israeli settlements.
· Managing the regional threat of instability in Venezuela.
· Discouraging the production and use of single-use plastics.
· The transition from coal-based economies to economies based on renewable energy.
· Battling rising sea levels: saving the Pacific island small states.
· The effect of economic sanctions on international trade.
· Managing the threat to global health caused by refusing vaccinations.
· The question of Brexit with regards to the global economy.
GA 1 – Disarmament and International Security
· The question of threats to national stability caused by religious intolerance.
· The question of cyber surveillance on civilians.
· Preventing conflicts over energy resources in the Arctic.
GA 3 – Social, Humanitarian and Cultural Committee
· Addressing the Ebola outbreak in the Great Lakes region.
· Empowering the LGBTQ + community.
· Addressing the rise of threats to women’s rights in the Middle East.
GA 4 – Political
· The question of the occupied territories in Ukraine.
· The issue of the rights of the citizens of Hong-Kong.
· The issue of Kurdistan.
Human Rights Council
· The question of Human Rights of Uighur Muslims in China.
· Safeguarding Rights of migrant workers.
· Protecting the Human Rights of children in Yemen.